Located in The Kootenays, one of BC's best kept secrets, this Artistic and uniquely designed log home, as well as 2 Luxury Lake and Mountain View Guest Cottages are a must see. All situated on a 15 acre parcel of land, this property provides an ideal vacation location for a single or a multi family purchase, where everyone gets a place of their own, and where the purchase price can be shared.
The 2 deluxe cottages, each approximately 600 sq. ft., feature a spacious open floor plan, fully self contained kitchenette, living, dining, bedroom area and 3 piece bathrooms. Both have semi covered decks with wonderful views of Lower Arrow Lake and each are situated on a separate portion of the property making neither unit visible from each other or the main house, offering total privacy to all.
The 1575 sq. ft. artistic and uniquely designed log home (with many upgrades) also offers an open floor plan featuring a large kitchen and living area, bright and cheery dining area, guest/den, 4 piece bath and laundry room. Upstairs one finds a great room with 2 bedrooms adjacent to it and lots of windows to view all about you.
The 3 well maintained residences provide a Peaceful, Quiet, Private and Spacious environment, which also includes plenty of fruit trees, a large vegetable garden area, workshop with attached greenhouse, root cellar for storage of summer's bounty, pond and licensed creek,. A large clearing and natural forest compliment this property all which contribute to a perfect escape from the ordinary.
If more living area is needed, each cabin can increase in size by up to 400 sq. ft, and the zoning allows for up to 3 additional cabins to be built.
Live in the main home and keep the cabins for when family and friends come to visit or develop this property to create your much desired lifestyle change.
Multiple options abound with this Fauquier acreage where zoning (CK5) allows for
Accessory Tourist Accommodation
Day Care Facility
Home Based Business
Keeping of Farm Animals
Sale of Site Grown Farm Products
Situated 45 minutes south of the village of Nakusp, approximately 2 hours east of Vernon and 2 ½ hours south of Revelstoke this property is in a remarkable location for getting away from it all, yet never being too far away from the hub of activities.
If a vacation property is what you are looking for, then plenty of opportunities await a new owner for boating, fishing, hiking, visiting the hot springs, playing golf (only 7 minutes away from the ever challenging 9 hole course) or just exploring this beautiful part of the province.
An amazing property with many options and opportunities not to be overlooked.
* 15.83 private acres with open areas, mature forest and zoned C5K (small scale tourism)
* Large fenced established garden area with raised beds
* Workshop with attached greenhouse
* Fruit trees (3 apple, 1 Bartlett pear, 1 Green Gage plum, 1 crab-apple)
* Licensed creek running into a pond
* 2 wells -- 1 deep well servicing the main house and cabins, 1 servicing the garden
* 1000 gal cistern for main house and 1000 gal cistern for garden
*Pressure tank and fittings upgraded in main pumphouse in 2016
* Equipment for property maintenance can be negotiated
MAIN HOME FEATURES
* Beautifully constructed with remarkable quality and design
* clever features can be found throughout the home making this truly a one-of-a-kind
* 1575 square feet total living
* Open main floor living, hardwood flooring, central feature wood stove serves as the heart of the home
* Bright and functional kitchen with features including pull out drawers
* Reclaimed attractive wood countertops in kitchen with custom carved cabinet handles
* Bright and spacious bathroom, with stacked front loading washer / dryer and on-demand Ranni hot water system
* Upstairs boasts original hard wood flooring, amazing sitting room, 2 spacious bedrooms
* Newer windows as well as some heritage windows
* Skylights bring in natural lighting
* Outdoor covered living space/ summer kitchen
* 2 luxury 600 square foot cabins with crawl space (built in 2001 and 2004)
* Fully self contained with living/dining area, kitchenette, 3 piece bathroom, bed/tub area with a deep soaker tub for two, propane fireplace, 2 - 40 gallon hot water tanks per cabin
* Each cabin offers a covered and totally private deck with stunning lake views.
* If desired, our zoning allows each cabin to be increased in size by approximately 400 sq.ft. as well, the zoning also allows for 3 more units can be built.
BOOK NOW FOR YOUR PERSONAL TOUR!!
Fauquier is a community located on the eastern shores of the Lower Arrow Lake surrounded by the wild and beautiful Monashee Mountain range. The surrounding land is quite level and an ideal place to raise a family, or have a recreational retreat. Explore and enjoy the beautiful culture and history in this lovely area. With the Needles Ferry crossing the lake, residents settle on both sides of the lake. Visit historical sites such as the white steepled Fauquier Church, and during the winter season enjoy a horse & carriage ride through the community.
Fauquier is walking distance from the waters of the Lower Arrow Lake and a favourite spot for all kinds of outdoor activities such as boating, swimming, hiking, fishing, hunting and biking to name a few. The mountain that is the backdrop of Fauquier is a popular spot for ATV people who enjoy riding the trails over this mountain. The Fauquier Golf Course and the Fauquier Provincial Park are both popular tourist detours and should not be missed if you are driving through the area. There's no shortage of winter activities when you're located smack in the middle of the Selkirk Mountains and the Monashee Mountain range. Go ski, snowmobile, and ice fishing on the Box and Trout Lakes and go cross-country skiing in places like Barnes Creek, Wensley Creek Ski Trails and the Upper Brouse Road area. All this await visitors who are ready for their snowy adventure to begin.
Nearby is the town of Nakusp; a vibrant neighbourhood of business, services, restaurants and shopping. With the local and well known hot spring locations of Nakusp Hotsprings and Halycon Hotsprings, tourists from all over love to visit the area. Once again, the community is a bustling hive of activity and culture. From music to art, Nakusp is a haven for the arts & culture groups and they often hold popular events not many people want to miss.
Visitors and new residents are always welcome in Fauquier! Stop by and check out everything this stunning little haven has to offer- you will not be disappointed!
Farm or Acreage with dwelling
Commercial, Recreational, Residential
1,575 sq. ft. (146 m2)
10 years old (circa 2009)
689,554 sq. ft. / 15.83 ac. (64,060 m2)
Works for you, not the banks.
Your situation is unique and you are not just a number to our MortgagePros. They work with over 30 lenders and banks. Banks are limited to their own financial products and bankers work for banks - not for you. Allow one of our MortgagePros to show you a whole new world of competitive and flexible mortgage solutions.
Get started or speak to a MortgagePro now at 1 (877) 688-3858