Unique opportunity to own a slice of LAKE SHORE heaven! This stunning boat access only property is part of a 4 property co-ownership corporation. This beautiful Slocan Lake beachfront is surrounded by mountains (Idaho Peak) and the Provincial Park where you have your own private access to all the trails. Just 7 minutes into town makes this a perfect balance of seclusion and accessibility!
The lot for sale has been enjoyed by the current owners for 26 years. Recently built is a 1200 square foot beautifully designed cottage waiting for it's new family to make their own.
AREA & PROPERTY HIGHLIGHTS
* 4.5 km via water (7 minutes in a slow boat) from Slocan City (Village of Slocan)
* 4 private lots co-own a large stretch of beach front
* Amazing community / neighbors; most owners are very infrequent visitors making this a very quiet recreational property
* Lot has 250 feet of private beach front and is 300 feet deep bordering provincial park
* Slocan Lake is the only large lake in the area that is not a reservoir allowing for crystal clean water and minimal water level fluctuation
* Slocan Lake visibility is 60 to 80 feet
* Property is on the west shore and south end of Slocan Lake
* Walking trail borders provincial park boundary
* You will be purchasing shares in Corporation that own entire piece of beachfront; considered a co-ownership this will require private financing (no mortgage can be held)
* Brand new 1200 square foot cabin completed to lock up (windows, doors, roof, open stud wall interior)
* Massive outdoor wrap veranda with mesh railing and timber frame features (some local timber used)
* Master bedroom with ensuite (roughed in)
* Everything is included -- generator, furniture, beds, kitchen items, 3 picnic tables
* Large dock ($30,000 cost to build)
* 2 firepits plus a covered outdoor kitchen area (BBQ included)
* Septic can be installed (not yet approved)
* A creek runs beside the property for water collection
* Outhouse (no other utilities)
CALL NOW FOR YOUR PERSONAL TOUR!!!!
The Village of Slocan, historically also known as Slocan City, is a village in the Slocan Valley of the West Kootenay region of the southeastern Interior of British Columbia, Canada. It is located at the southern end of Slocan Lake, to the south of New Denver, which sits mid-way up the lake's eastern shore.
The Slocan Valley, known as the Silvery Slocan, is a beautiful area with many friendly communities surrounded by the Valhalla, Monashee, and Selkirk Mountain ranges and settled near the stunning Arrow Lake and Slocan River. If you crave a slow-paced life with a rural feel, this place is just for you! Imagine breathing not the smog of the city but of the fresh, clean air of the Kootenays. Wild mountain peaks, ice cold creeks, lush forests, and wide fields are only a glimpse of the stunning landscape before you. But the scenery is not just what this valley offers; the communities are welcoming and the history of Slocan Valley is fascinating. The towns in the area owe their existence to the silver boom days in the early 1900s. You will easily find preserved mining sites and heritage buildings, as well as museums depicting the story of Slocan Valley. Most communities in the area owe their existence to prospectors searching for silver. The booming business died down quickly, but some of the people remained to create a life in the valley.
To explore fully the whole grand area of the Slocan Valley, then follow the Slocan Valley Rail Trail, which winds through the river valley about 50 km long. Passing through wildlife sanctuaries and beaches, and visiting forests, wetlands, rocky escarpments, and meadows, the trail brings a sense of enchantment to the valley, and is used by both visitors and locals alike. The landscaping isn't just for admiring every day through your window or private deck- although that is always an option here in Slocan Valley! Go hiking or biking down the trails, ski and snowboard on the snowy hills in winter, and enjoy the nearby lakes and rivers for kayaking, swimming, sailing, boating, fishing, and more! The communities in this beautiful valley are very much alive and full of community spirit, and host many fun events throughout the year. Slocan Valley also offers amenities such as schools, shopping, business, and banking just a short drive away. For variety, check out neighbouring cities such as Nelson and Castlegar, which both have different activities, shopping opportunities, and community events in store.
- Day Care
- High School
- Primary School
Health & Wellness
- Farmers Market
- Fitness Centre
- Health Food Store
- Medical Centre
- Walking Trails
- Baseball Diamond
- Community Centre
- Football Field
- Golf Course
- Hockey Arena
- Shopping Centre
- Soccer Pitch
- School Bus Route
- Transit Bus Route
Works for you, not the banks.
Your situation is unique and you are not just a number to our MortgagePros. They work with over 30 lenders and banks. Banks are limited to their own financial products and bankers work for banks - not for you. Allow one of our MortgagePros to show you a whole new world of competitive and flexible mortgage solutions.
Get started or speak to a MortgagePro now at 1 (877) 688-3858