PRIME, FERTILE, UNCONTAMINATED FARMLAND IN THE HEART OF THE KAWARTHAS. ORGANIC FARM WITH 2 HOUSES ON 100 ACRES
The seller is using a professional answering service, so please call 1-705-242-8434 and quote the ID number above, for more information or to request an appointment.
To be notified of new properties in the Kawartha Lakes please follow us on Facebook
A unique organic 100-acre property with 2 houses, a 96' x 25' hoop greenhouse, an existing hemp-growing licence with the potential to take over. There is a variety of fields and forest, 5 acres of fenced horse area and run-in shed. The soil in the greenhouse and gardens around the house are top-notch organic and include a hugelkultur bed. Two ponds exist with abundant wildlife and trails throughout the property. Tenant potential. Tourist area, minutes from boat launch area. Frontage on paved road.
Greenshire Eco Farms established themselves on the land in 2009 as a permaculture farm. Permaculture goes beyond organic, leaving the land improved from its original state. The farm is located on a busy local and 'cottage-country' route in the Kawartha Lakes northeast of Toronto and northwest of Peterborough, between Lindsay and Bobcaygeon. In our almost 10 years here, no synthetic chemicals whatsoever have been used. Therefore, the land could be certified organic immediately.
Our 100 acres is approximately 30% young forest and 70% meadow. Of that 70 acres, approximately 60 are farmable. The remaining 10 acres are houses, buildings, and horse pasture. The zoning is A1-Agricultural.
Property is located 90 mins to Toronto, 30 mins to Peterborough, 15 mins to Lindsay and Bobcaygeon
Ideally, we are looking for a buyer who fully appreciates:
1. The rarity and value of chemical-free farmland in this day and age,
2. The value of the forests, in and of themselves, and as an important local wildlife corridor
Alternatively, we are open to a new part-owner(s) -- someone who would buy shares from those wishing to retire.
The Property Has:
* Primary residence: 1100 square ft vinyl-clad bungalow with full (unfinished) basement, metal roof, three bedrooms, one bathroom. New propane furnace (installed Sep 2017). Part of the basement is set up as a microgreens operation.
* Secondary residence: 720 sq ft wood-clad cabin on post foundation, with two bedrooms and one bathroom; new roof, electric and woodstove heat.
* 736 sq ft school portable; great potential for holding workshops or seminars
* 2000 sq ft metal-clad storage building with 4 rooms including a workshop area
* Very abundant well-water supply
* UV and hydrogen peroxide injection systems for water purification
* New commercial greenhouse (installed Aug 2017); 96 x 25 feet (2400 square feet) with fertile organically amended soil; currently being used to supply produce to local restaurants
* Horse shelter, tack room, 5-acre pasture
Potential Income Streams:
* Eco- and/or agri-tourism
* Organic commercial market garden
* Organic large-scale crops (think hemp or soy)
* Petting zoo
* Horse boarding
* Dog boarding
* Forest products
* Forest school
* Green weddings
Possible Property Use Scenarios:
* For a buyer who doesn't want to live on the property, two residences provide rental income. Perhaps you want a summer cottage but could use year-round rental income from the property. Main house could be rented out year-round, and the smaller second residence used as your "cottage".
* For a buyer who wants to live on the property, the smaller second residence could be rented out, used for seasonal farm help or converted into a store/restaurant/office space.
Contact us to learn more about Selling with PropertyGuys.com
Farm or Acreage with dwelling
40 years old (circa 1979)
1,100 sq. ft. (102 m2)
4,356,000 sq. ft. / 100.00 ac. (404,672 m2)
- Day Care
- High School
- Primary School
Health & Wellness
- Farmers Market
- Fitness Centre
- Health Food Store
- Medical Centre
- Baseball Diamond
- Basketball Court
- Community Centre
- Football Field
- Golf Course
- Hockey Arena
- Performance Theatre
- Shopping Centre
- Soccer Pitch
- Tennis Court
Works for you, not the banks.
Your situation is unique and you are not just a number to our MortgagePros. They work with over 30 lenders and banks. Banks are limited to their own financial products and bankers work for banks - not for you. Allow one of our MortgagePros to show you a whole new world of competitive and flexible mortgage solutions.
Get started or speak to a MortgagePro now at 1 (877) 688-3858