This is a great opportunity to purchase 6.7 rural acres, offering a unique blend of private country living, just a short drive from the amenities of Sparwood.
There is a 4 bedroom home, as well as outbuildings including a large heated building that is currently set up as a kennel. A creek borders the rear of the property, with wonderful mountain scenery on all sides.
Details of the main home:
- Main: 1296 sq.ft; Basement: 1484 sq.ft; Total 2780 sq.ft.
- 4 beds, full bathroom, half bathroom off master, shower in the basement.
- Open-plan living room, dining room & kitchen.
- 2 brick fireplaces (3 brick lined chimneys).
- Patio off living room with stunning mountain views.
- Full basement: Sauna, laundry room pantry, work/storage area, furnace room, open-plan rec room.
- Outside wood burning boiler is main heat/hot water source.
- Backup heat/hot water is natural gas.
- Low maintenance exterior: Brick & Hardiboard, metal roof.
- Large energy efficient windows.
- Attached carport.
- Kennel building which was used as a boarding kennel for 7 years, cedar beam construction, underfloor heat, central vacuum, lots of natural light. Can be adapted to other uses.
- Shop, small log barn, large hay/RV storage shed, two wood sheds.
- Outdoor pool.
- Large vegetable garden.
- Asphalt driveway to the house, gravel driveway to the kennel.
- Property is fully fenced with paige wire.
- 2 wells.
This one of a kind property has been built to last and lovingly maintained by the original owner.
It occupies a great location surrounded by the Canadian Rockies:
- 5 minutes to the Elk River.
- 5 minuites to the Elk Valley airstrip.
- 15 minutes to schools and amenities in Sparwood.
- Close to Elkford & access to the upper Elk Valley & Elk Lakes (fishing, biking , hiking).
- 35 minutes from world class skiing & recreation in Fernie.
- 3 hours from Calgary.
This unique property gives you the opportunity to live a back to basics lifestyle with peace and privacy.
With limited development it could have a number of uses:
- Run your own animal boarding business, or lease to others.
- Ideal for a small hobby farm.
- No chemicals on the property for 30 years (could certify as organic).
- Ideal to raise pigs, chickens, turkeys.
- Suitable for horses or cows (apply for farm status & reduce property taxes).
Please call 778-210-1803 for more info
To be notified when new properties come up for sale in the East Kootenay region please follow us on Facebook or Twitter for live updates.
Contact us to learn more about Buying or Selling with PropertyGuys.com East Kootenay.